Google

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Interview with Luca Scornaienchi

q) What is your name?

a)Luca Scornaienchi

q) Where do you live and work?

a)I live and work between Cosenza and Rome.I get home and studio in Dipignano,a cheerful country of blissful dead souls,which is in the mountains around Cosenza.It’s a beautiful place,but boring.In Rome I live in S.Giovanni quarter,guest of a dearest friend of mine.

q) Who are your influences?

a)’’Cyberpunk,the body’s mutuations,the aesthetic surgery,the research of parallel worlds.



q) What inspires you to create?

a)There isn’t an exact cathartic moment,I can have different moods when I do it,it’s the necessity to communicate generally something.Also the money are a good mainspring to set myself to work.

q) How do you describe your work to those who are unfamiliar with it?

a)I don’t feel myself as an artist,many people define themselves as artists without a bit of humility.How can I feel myself an artist after I’ve seen a concert of Lou Reed or the Sistina Chapel?

q) What is your preferred medium to make your art?

a)’’I’ve no preferences of sort,I can only say you that I like always to change.I’ve chosen this work also to be not bored .Lastly I’m realizing many videos and some good comics.Tomorrow I don’t know.

q) Are there any contemporary artists that you love?

a)Fura dels Bauls and Andrea Pazienza.


q)Your current projects?

a)I’m preparing two comics that will be published on 2009.But about this I can tell you nothing because I’ve not again drawn half line,and I hope that my publisher doesn’t read this interview.A short time ago I’ve finished to shoot a video for a rock band on the notes of a very beautiful song dedicated to George Best,a beautiful and damned footballer,that before to die said:’’I’ve spent all my money on women and alcohol.I’ve wasted all the rest’’.

q) How are the reactions on your work in general?

a)’’Till today nobody has never beaten me.’’

q) What is freedom to you as an artist?

a)’’Today there are not problems of censorship,except some sporadic cases,that then at the end finish to be a great publicity for the work.My answer is not very romantic,but you’ve the true freedom when you’ve the real possibility to realize your works.When you’ve a good gallerist or a buyer,public or private,that puts you in a position to realize your works.’’

q) What advice would you give to younger up and coming artists?

a)’’Do less the rockstars and pass more time to draw…’’


q)…Your contacts…

a) LUCA SCORNAIENCHI

www.zonaunderground.it


www.myspace.com/lucascornaienchi


www.youtube.com/profile?user=lucascornaienchi


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home