Google

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Interview with Slink Moss

q)Name?

a)Slink Moss

q)Location?

a)New York City and Hudson, NY

q)Contact info...?


q)How did you get started making art?

a)I started drawing sports uniforms and sports stadiums as a child.

q)How would you describe your art?

a)My art is folk expressionism with gothic and rock'n 'roll flavors

q)Where do you get the inspiration for your art?

a)I get inspiration from what I read (Melville, histories), what I see(people, places, Medieval art) and what I dream.

q)What other artists inspire you?

a)Dr Seuss, Edward Gorey, Philip Guston, my son Augustus, my wife VilmaMaré, my mother.

q)Where can someone purchase your works?

a)I sell prints. You can see them at slinkmoss.com and I'll be finishing a book this year of my comics.


q)What is your main medium of choice?

a)Pen and ink.

q)What are you working on now?

a)I'm making a series of prints of our Roman alphabet from A to Z. It's for children and adults. I'm also having fun making videos and posting them on youtube. Look up slinkmoss on youtube.

q)What advice could you give to someone who wants to be an artist?

a)Eat spinach and brown rice.

q) What are you doing when you are not creating art?

a)Watching sports. Otherwise, I'm making art as much as possible.

q) What does music, in its entirety, mean to you?

a)Music is water.

q) What does art, in its entirety, mean to you?

a)Art is the sun and moon.

q) Are there some web sites that You would like to recomend? Artists, art communities, xxx,...!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home