Google

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Interview with jROD

q)What is your name?

a)jROD my family calls me jarrod

q)Where do you live and work?

a)Bozeman Montana

q)What is your creative process like?

a)Spontaneous and invigorating

q)What is your favorite medium?

a)Acrylic on board

q)What is your current favorite subject?

a)I have been using the rhino to symbolize strength and integrity

q)How long does it take for you to finish a piece? it all depends on the piece. a day to two weeks and any where

a)In between

q)What has been your biggest accomplishment so far?

a)Just surviving doing art


q)Are there any contemporary artists that you love?

a)Tons….. there are so many super talented people in this world. It is a fantastic time to be alive. Over population combined with world wide communication at our finger tips has created a unique time in history. Art is really flourishing all over. Art feeds off art and it is feeding at a tremendous pace right now. Hopefully the Human race will survive it all. For now; enjoy the beauty.

q)Can we buy your art anywhere?

a)You can get my work right off my site at
www.jrodart.com. I am pretty good about keeping it up to date and letting folks know where pieces are if they are out at galleries or what not.

q)Anything that people should know about that we don’t??

a)I’m not sure if peeps realize how long I have been doing what I do. I have always done art ,but was inspired to travel the style I have today by picking up the magazine Art Alternatives way back in the early 90’s. Gary Panter, Rk Sloane, Joe Coleman, and Robert Williams all inspired me back then. These early encounters with this style of art changed my perception of what fine art could be. I did art just for myself for a long time before I decided to put it out there. Ohhh and damn you can learn a lot from watching Bob Ross.

q)What is your best piece of advice for those who would like to rise in their level of artistry?

a)Practice practice practice…Artistry comes with dedication

q)What inspires you to keep going when the work gets frustrating or tough?

a)I love what I do. I have a strategy for dealing with that situation. Walk away for awhile and let the guyz in my head work it out. 9 times out of ten I come back and the problem is no longer an issue. Keep on painting on.

q)How do you describe your work to those who are unfamiliar with it?

a)I tell them my artwork is the product of a child who loved skateboard graphics, watched to many Saturday morning cartoons, and fell in love with redrawing iron maiden album covers in 8th grade.


q)What kind of training did you have which helped you achieve your current level of artistry?

a)I got a degree in zoology….hhhhhmmmm…My mom was an artist. I am sure I picked up a few techniques from her. I have also had the pleasure to meet and be inspired by a handful of great artists, but for the most part I am self taught.

q)Is there a tool or material that you can’t imagine living without?

a)Music and Vandyke brown

q)Who are your influences?

a) Derek Hess, Maurice Sendek, Ralph Steadman, Joe Sorren, and Arron Macy

q)What inspires you to create?

a)The love of the process ,the flow of creative energy throughout the universe, and the smiles on their faces.


q)…your contacts…

a)
www.jrodart.com

info@jrodart.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home