Google

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Interview with Biljana Djurdjevic

q) Introduce yourself first please?

a)Biljana Djurdjevic, artist

q) Where do you live and work?

a)Belgrade, Serbia.

q) How did you start? How have you realized you wanted to become an artist?

a)Since ever I have been interesting in painting, I attended junior art school and after I finished my regular prime school education I attend high school in arts, when I finished that logical move was to go further, so I went to Fine Arts Academy in Belgrade.

q) What materials do you use and why?

a)Oil painting is for now my main mean of expression, simply because it is the most accurate way to explain my way of thinking.

q) Who is your biggest influence, both art and non-art related

a)For me very important is passion for work, of course some of them are more important then others, for sure German philosophy like Friedrich Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, Schiller, writers like Kafka, Bulgakov, Bela Hamvas, David Bowie…

q) How do you dream up with your wacky ideas? What is your creation process?

a)I read a lot, from junky novels to pure art novels, am addicted to TV who works 24 hours per day, I hardly watch but I need to have it in the room, maybe it is compilation of my thoughts that I collect through ordinary day like seeing some old man struggling with his poverty and starting to fade from the face of earth without being seen at all, or seeing an other victim of paedophilia for this and other subjects unfortunately I didn’t need any imagination. Just a pure reality.


q) What haven’t you done yet that you definitely want to try someday?

a)A lot of things, I think I have compulsive behavior and through that I do make possible some things, everything will happened after all time is all I got.

q) Are there any contemporary artists that you love?

a)A lots of them, Anselm Kiefer ,
Dennis Oppenheim , Bill Viola, Louis Bourgeois….

q) How long does it take for you to finish a piece?

a)Depends sometimes couple of days, sometimes two years, depends how big is canvas very often it is unexplainable how can I produce very fast some canvas, mostly I can’t remember how I done it which is cool it looks like I am always starting all over again, like absolute beginner.

q) What music, if any, do you like to have on while you're working?

a)I am eclectic person though quite often I do listen to classical music like Vivaldi Gloria, or Mozart Requiem, Zauberflote; Tchaikovsky, Mendelssohn, but then again I do listen in the very same day artists like Clash, New Order, Paul Weller, Tom Waits, David Bowie, Nina Simone, RHCP, Django Reinhardt …. A lot of stuff it is hard to comprehend what I like.

q) Do you do many art shows?

a)I have solid number per year.

q) Tell us about a recent dream you had.

a)I travelled through unknown places, like I was searching for something, even though all was new and unknown to me I felt like I new the way I am going. Colours are very vivid in my dreams and many things can’t be explain through plain words.

q) What are you doing when you are not creating?

a)I don’t have this kind of examples I work every day through whole year, I guess some free space I do provide for myself I use to meet my friends and swimming.

q) Do you get emotionally attached to your work and do you miss your work when it is sold?

a)No, the moment I finish work I don’t look at that canvas.




q) What new projects or exhibits are in your future?

a)New project is already on; until I finished it I prefer not to talk about it.

q) What is your favorite art related web site?

a)I don’t visit many I believe to give an opinion I should be good and regular observer, and alas I am not. Internet is something I can easily become addicted so I avoid to participate further then my needs are.

q) What is the strangest thing you have ever seen?

a)Seeing ordinary people enjoying their life, probably second one will be to see world without oligarchy.

q) What is the strangest thing you have ever done?

a)There is no such thing in my life; probably that is the strangest thing.



q) Any advice you can pass onto aspiring artists/designers?

a)Always work in the way you see, don’t aloud anyone to participate in yours feelings towards your art and be patience with ideas and realisation.

q)your contacts….e-mail…links

a)Biljana Djurdjevic
info@biljanadjurdjevic.com
www.biljanadjurdjevic.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home