Google

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Interview with Ricky Butler

q)Something on you ….

a)Ricky Butler
I graduated from Norwich School of Art and Design in 2003.
I am always working and building on my portfolio for
freelance illustration.
I work with mixed media and I am always using new materials
in my work, I like change within my work so I am always
looking for different ways of creating an image while
keeping my work conceptual.
My drawings and collage that I create are reworked digitally,
and I try to create a variety of texture and depth in my work
with the building up of layers.
Anything and everything seems to inspire me so my work is
a response to the world around me and the people in it, making
it contemporary as the (now) is very important within
my work and I like the idea of story telling

q) When did you start to make art?

a)I started at a young age, it was the only thing I was really interested in.
I just seem to have always done it now!

q)Explain your inspiration?
a)I’d say just the things around me, there is a lot going on at the moment.
Life.
q) In what way does your inspiration transform into ideas?

a)I guess its a different take, a more exaggerated take on what my inspiration was if that makes sense

q) Could your ideas be portrayed in any other medium? If so which?

a)I find a have a real mixed way of working, my process changes from one image to another so I guess I try to see my work working in different ways.

q) What does being an artists mean to you?

a)That’s a hard one, I think to me it’s my passion so I can take purpose in it.

q) When does your art become successful?

a)I just work it our with whoever I’m working for.

q) What is your next; move,project,show etc?

a)I plan to make the Flyapart collective bigger with more members and projects between those members, just re designing website at the moment.
I’m always doing other small bits like a collaboration with an italian artist Falvio and I’m doing some illustration in a australian book of creative writing. Just try to keep busy!

q) What are the pros and cons of the art market?

a)Pros, I enjoy it! Cons money and time

q) Which pieces would you like to be remembered for?

a)Don’t think I’m their yet!!

q) Who has been the biggest influence on you?

a)Hard to say, its hard not to be influenced.

q) How much do you think hype affects the public perception of what good art is?

a)Ye, supposed it keeps it moving

q) Last CD you downloaded ?

a)Envy

q) What makes you happy?

a)Reading books I don’t understand

q) What makes you sad?

a)Not a great deal, I’d say wast, ye wasting stuff gets me.

q) Last book you read?

a)One about spartans, interesting!

q)What else do like other than art?

a)Comedy.
Beer from Yorkshire
Music er... good films.

q) Final thoughts...

a)I have poor English

q)Your contacts…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home